The U.S. Space and Rocket Center (USSRC) will be offering select students aged 16-21 the opportunity to gain experience in a museum as an “Archives Student Volunteer”.
2017 Program Highlights
- The program begins June 5 and ends July 14, 2017 (6 weeks)
- Student volunteers will have practical hands on experience in our archival department assisting with a wide variety of tasks including:
- adding notes and context to our database
- restorative work on objects in our collection
- preservation of artifacts
- ability to perform repetitive time consuming task with care
- ability to work independently once training is complete and ask for clarification/instructions if necessary
- proficient when using scanners to digitize documents, word processing and spread sheet applications
- patience and a positive attitude
To be considered, an applicant must:
- at least 16 years of age by June 5, 2017 and must be enrolled in an accredited secondary education program or post secondary education program.
- minimum 3.0 GPA
- have the ability to volunteer a minimum of 30 hours of service during the program dates with no less than 4 hours of service per week and a maximum of 12 hours per week.
2017 USSRC Archives Student Volunteer Program Deadlines:
Applications for the 2017 program will be posted at the USSRC website the week of February 13, 2017.
Application deadline is March 31 at 5pm. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are a limited number of volunteers accepted into this select program; an application does not guarantee placement in the program. Potential volunteers will be contacted for an interview prior to acceptance into the program. All applicants will receive notification as to status of their application by May 8, 2017.
Click here to complete 2017 Summer Program Application