Click here to complete the Restoration Projects volunteer application and join our team today.
The U.S. Space & Rocket Center (USSRC) is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic people (ages 18+) to become part of our restoration projects volunteer team! Volunteers are an important part of the U.S. Space & Rocket Center family and we have many opportunities available for space and aviation enthusiasts looking to develop a greater understanding of space exploration, science and aviation. Please note that the restoration of aircraft, rockets, weapons systems and other outdoor display items may involve manual labor, working with chemicals (paint, primer, thinner, etc.) and extended periods of work outdoors.
Why Volunteer at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center?
- The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is a Smithsonian Affiliate and the Official Visitor Center for NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center.
- Meet exciting people! The U.S. Space & Rocket Center welcomes more than 550,000 guests from around the world each year.
- Enjoy camaraderie and a sense of community among other volunteers and USSRC staff that share your passion for space exploration and aviation.
- You may even have opportunities to meet astronauts, aviators and other special guests!
- Special Center benefits and opportunities are available to Restoration Projects Volunteers. Please see the volunteer coordinator for details.
- Become a vital part of the world’s most comprehensive collection of space hardware and artifacts!
Current Restoration Volunteer Opportunities:
- A-7A Corsair II
- A-12 Oxcart (special restrictions apply)
- F-4D Phantom (starting date TBD)
- Outdoor storage reorganization (beginning Fall of 2016)
- Provide assistance with cleaning and corrosion control of outdoor historic objects