- Scholarships for the Space Camp® family of programs are awarded to students who can demonstrate a financial need. A financial need form is included within the application, and applicants may be asked to provide additional documentation such as proof of qualification for free/reduced lunch and/or tax documentation.
- Be 9 to18 years old and have completed grades 3 through 12 by summer 2023
- Answer an essay question
- Design and describe a mission patch
- Describe a science project using the scientific method or engineering design process
- Upload a copy of a form (provided in the application) from your school verifying enrollment and grade point average.
Travel to Huntsville, AL, and incidentals are not covered by a scholarship. Students will be required to raise their own funds for transportation to/from Huntsville, AL.
Due to capacity, scholarship dates are awarded on a first come, first served basis.
For technical assistance with your account or application, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Space Camp Scholarship opportunities for Alabama residents:
Space Academy for Leading Students in Alabama (SALSA) is a program funded by the State of Alabama for students ages 12 to 14. The legislature awards a scholarship for a male and female student from every legislative district a scholarship to attend a special session of Space Academy at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center in Huntsville.
If you have any questions about the SALSA program or the selection process, please email email@example.com.
Alabama Space Academy for Educators (ALSAE) If you are a full-time educator in a public school system in the state of Alabama, you are eligible for a scholarship to attend this special program. Please follow the instructions above and select the ALSAE option from the dropdown menu to begin your scholarship application