Aviation Challenge® Mach III missions challenge trainees with freedom of control, requiring them to think about maneuvers in all three rotational-axes of flight as they take on the most advanced flight simulations, engineering principles and leadership responsibilities.
Field training is focused on discipline and attention to detail in survival situations. A night Field Training Exercise (FTX) requires teams to work together to recover intelligence or rescue a downed pilot. Communication is paramount as everything is taken to the next level in Mach III.
- Unite as a team at the Space Camp Challenge Course with high- and low ropes elements.
- Brave the 150-foot. zip line*
- Reinforce leadership, teamwork and decision-making skills in our immersive F-18 cockpit simulators.
- Use a Unmanned Aerial simulator to plan for missions and provide real-time data to a command center during mission execution.
- Learn wilderness survival skills and orienteering.
- Plan and carry out three missions, each with their own challenges.
- Compete to be the best in a bracket style head-to-head competition where only the best can claim the title of Top Gun.
- U.S. residents earn one credit hour of freshman-level general science from University of Alabama in Huntsville in this college-accredited program.
* 150-ft. zip line water landing is only available in summer
Your connection to the Space Camp experience! Your online dashboard provides the login to your account, one-way emails to your trainee, transportation options, packing lists, roommate requests, and more! Everything you need to manage your mission is all in one place and can be accessed at any time.
Aviation Challenge: Mach III
- Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
- Arrival: Sun, 12:20 - 1:30 p.m. (CT)
- Graduation: Fri, 10 a.m. (CT)