Aviation Challenge® Mach I combines critical thinking, teamwork and leadership training in a five-day aviation-themed adventure.
Students learn basic principles of aviation and put their knowledge to the test in a variety of flight simulators. Taking the role of fighter pilots, students run control systems and scenario-based missions and learn basic water- and land-survival skills. They also learn about civilian and military careers in aviation.
- Learn navigation and air combat techniques and put them to the test in our jet aircraft simulators.
- Explore aviation principles and airframe design.
- Learn basic survival skills for land and sea and utilize these skills in our wooded camping area.
- Get up close and personal with a wide range of retired aircraft available onsite.
- Learn about Unmanned Aerial Systems.
- Experience team building in our nightly challenges.
- Test patrolling, teamwork and outdoor skills in a Field Training Exercise.
- Learn basic drill and ceremony commands and movements.
- Participate in a live planetarium show in our 8K INTUITIVE® Planetarium.
Your connection to the Space Camp experience! Your online dashboard provides the login to your account, one-way emails to your trainee, transportation options, packing lists, roommate requests, and more! Everything you need to manage your mission is all in one place and can be accessed at any time.
Aviation Challenge: Mach I
- Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
- Arrival: Sun, 12:20 - 1:30 p.m. (CT)
- Graduation: Fri, 10 a.m. (CT)
*Nine year olds must have completed or currently be enrolled in the 4th grade.