Suit up for a mission to the International Space Station or train for a landing on the moon! Space Camp® is the ultimate educational experience that illuminates real-world applications of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Students work as a team and confront mission scenarios that require dynamic problem solving and critical thinking — 21st century learning skills required in the workplace. Throughout the week, students are immersed in astronaut training techniques using equipment adapted from NASA’s astronaut program. They learn about space hardware, enjoy an educational water activity and experience a spaceflight mission while learning about aerospace career opportunities. The curriculum includes an educational movie in the National Geographic Theater.
- Train like an astronaut on the 1/6th Gravity Chair, the Five Degrees of Freedom simulator and the Multi-Axis Trainer.
- Construct and launch your own model rocket.
- Learn what it’s like to live onboard the International Space Station.
- Discover the newest rocket that will carry NASA astronauts to Mars.
- Use technology to design and construct a futuristic Martian colony.
- Launch on simulated missions to the International Space Station and beyond.
- Develop team-building and communication skills in an aquatic activity.
- Compete in camp-wide Challenge nights.
Your connection to the Space Camp experience! Your online dashboard provides the login to your account, one-way emails to your trainee, transportation options, packing lists, roommate requests, and more! Everything you need to manage your mission is all in one place and can be accessed at any time.
- Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
- Check-In: Sun, 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. (CT)
- Graduation: Fri, 9 a.m.
*Nine year olds must have completed or currently be enrolled in the 4th grade.