Always wanted to be an astronaut but thought you were too old for Space Camp? Adult Space Academy® is a 6-day/5-night adventure with hands-on, interactive space missions and other activities to show you what it takes to be an astronaut.
- Train like an astronaut on our Multi-Axis Trainer.
- Construct and launch your own rocket.
- Do teambuilding exercises on our Low Elements Ropes Course.
- Test your engineering skills by designing a protective heat shield.
- Perform an extended-duration simulated mission.
- Fly jet aircraft simulators.
- Experience neutral buoyancy while SCUBA diving in the Underwater Astronaut Trainer. (Pending physician approval. Those with a history of insulin-dependent diabetes, epilepsy, reactive airway disease or asthma will not be permitted to dive. Final determination concerning fitness to dive will be made by the Space Camp medical and UAT staff.)
Sessions for Adult Space Academy are limited, so reserve early. Meals and lodging are included. Lodging is onsite in our Habitat facilities and meals are provided in the Space Camp Crew Galley.
Please note face masks are optional. The use of masks is determined by the CDC guidance for the community level of Madison County, AL and can change. If the camper is immunocompromised or high risk for severe disease, it is suggested that you contact your healthcare provider for guidance on mask usage.
- Bed Linens (twin sheets, pillowcase, blanket)
- Towels and washcloths
- Hand sanitizer
- Padlock for your locker
- Casual clothes/activewear suitable for active pursuits
- Climate-appropriate outerwear (jacket/rain poncho)
- Closed-toed/closed-heeled shoes
- Water bottle
- Backpack or day pack
- Bug Spray
No outside food or beverages, alcohol, illegal substances/drugs, portable music players, skates or roller shoes, weapons of any type, handheld computer games, or other expensive items.
If you have questions, please contact our Sales Center at 1-800-637-7223, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. CST until 5:00 p.m. CST.
Adult Advanced Space Academy
October 2022 through May 26, 2023
- Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
- Check in: Sunday, 12 - 1:30 p.m. (CT)
- Graduation: Thursday, 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. (Virtual)
- Check out: 10 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.